How do I sell my house in Portland?
This is one of the most important questions a Portland home seller can ask. It determines how easily they sell their house, how much they will get for it, and whether or not the process will go smoothly. There are two common options for selling a house.
For sale by owner: Is it right for you?
Some home owners decide to sell their property independently. There’s only one situation when this will work to your advantage. If you’ve sold many homes before you may successfully complete a home sale as an owner. If this is your first, second, or even sixth home, you should reconsider. Buyers know that owners often have limited knowledge of important factors. How much their house is worth, buyer vs. seller responsibility, and what actually warrants a discount are just a few. They can and will take advantage of these shortcomings. Thankfully, there is an easy way to prevent this.
How can a real estate broker help me when selling my house?
For the overwhelming majority of homeowners, using a Realtor to sell their home gets the seller the best possible result. As a Realtor and President of Meridian Realty Group, Chris Burke has access to tools that cannot be utilized by individual homeowners. Let’s look at some of the hurdles home sellers may face, and how a broker can help.
- Marketing your property in the multiple listing service – When it comes to listing services, individual homeowners are limited in what they can accomplish. The largest home listing service is only available to Realtors like Chris. This is the best way to get the most home buyers looking at the home you have for sale.
- Facilitating showings – Just because you have a home for sale, doesn’t mean life stops. A broker can facilitate showings and allow you to maintain a regular working schedule.
- Negotiating the sale – Negotiating a sale is not an easy process. An unknowing seller can easily get taken advantage of by a skilled buyer. This can cost tens of thousands of dollars in lost profits. Chris knows when an offer is too low and can keep you from underselling your biggest asset. His experience as an Oregon attorney aids him during negotiations, so you can be assured you’re getting the most from the sale of your home.
- Complying with statues – Selling a house is a complicated process. There are state and federal statutes that must be complied with. If these are not performed by the home seller, they may be bound to a buyer without an obligation for that buyer to close the sale, or even open a seller up to legal action. A broker knows how to comply with statutes and what paperwork is required. Their legal expertise can help home sellers avoid costly mistakes. Chris regularly provides real estate attorney services. He can keep you in compliance with the law and ensure all paperwork and documentation is correctly written, filled, and filed.
How do I determine the value of my home?
Without professional help a home seller doesn’t have the tools they need to correctly place a value on their home. Looking at comparable properties and recently sold properties can be helpful, but it doesn’t provide the whole picture. The more unique a property is, the less help publicly available tools will be. Zillow and other online sources don’t have all the information you need.
Price your home correctly with help from Chris Burke
A Realtor has access to multiple listing services. These contain much more information about local home prices. This is just a tool though. Brokers have extensive knowledge of market prices, fluctuations, averages, and determining factors. They can accurately price your property and get you the most money when selling your house.
Chris has individually bought and sold over 200 homes. His experience owning a residential real estate firm focused realty investment firm provides expansive knowledge. That’s real world experience you can’t get from just any broker. Chris doesn’t just rely on statistics. His personal experience lets him see a property from every angle, identifying the features that make your home valuable to buyers. When you want to get the most from your home, start with an experienced broker. Sell your house in Portland with the help of Chris Burke.
Call or (503) 706-8306 Contact Us today. Why tell friends I’m selling my house when Meridian Realty Group just sold my home! sounds so much sweeter.
Tips for home sellers
- Houses sell better when they aren’t cluttered. De-clutter your house to make it open and inviting for buyers.
- Address, fix, or eliminate maintenance issues. Buyers and their agents will hone in on these and use them to their advantage.
- Price it correctly. A house priced too low will lose you money. A house priced too high will never leave the market.
- Have a plan for easy showing access. Have a plan for pets, children, and work so you can show the house without interruption.
- List it in a multiple listing service. This is the very best way to get your property seen, and your house sold.